Monday, September 13, 2010

One of a Kind Lunch Bag for a One of a Kind Girl



I was so excited when my little girl asked me to make her a lunch bag for Kindergarten  instead of buying a Hello Kitty one! Of course I had a little help tipping the scales to the handmade side thanks to Danita.  I asked Danita if I could have one of  her images printed on a piece of fabric, and she happily supplied me.  My daughter just learned to ride a bike and I thought the little girl on the bike would be just perfect.  Then I came across this wonderful tutorial about how to make a fabric lunch sack from A Lemon Squeezy Home.   I spent sometime designing it with my daughter and here is the final product!
I used a cloth dishtowel for the main fabric

My kids got me a set of handmade owl buttons from  beadfreaky for my Mother's Day gift - I thought this would be a good place to use one!

5 comments:

Babamoon said...

awww that's so special! i would LOVE it if my kids asked for my things over commercial things :) it's very beautiful too i bet she loves it!

Danita Art said...

This is embarrasing.. but my daughter prefers the Hello Kitty-Dora de Explorer-Barbie lunch box over the Danita lunch box :(
I'm so happy your daughter asked for it though! I hope she's enjoying it!
Danita

Flor Larios Art said...

Love it! Super cool!

Olena said...

Super cool! Nice project! Olena

Elisa said...

awww I LOVE THIS! not only is it 'green' but it's so personal, and special because you made it. I want one! LOL