Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Little Bat Boy. . .

... or actually I should my my little boy dressed up as a bat.  As that is what he was for Halloween last year.  It was about this time last year I decided once and for all I was going to become the new owner of 100 Proof Press.  My son was flipping through the catalog and found image#5737, the boy dressed up as a bat. That image is what he used to design his costume.  My sister had the task of bringing this stamp to life, to my son's very specific specifications.  I think she did a wonderful job, and eventually we convinced Joe it looked enough like image#5737, the BOY dressed as a Bat.
This photo makes me so very happy.  It was a beautiful day, and I'll never forget this little boy dressed as a bat trying to fly in the wind.
I made Joe this Halloween card this year with the bat boy stamp.  The saying is just perfect: "Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story."  Joe finally outgrew his bat costume - he got very good use out it , he wore it weekly. This year he wants to be a bat, not a BOY dressed as a bat, a flying fox fruit bat (we have a stamp for that too!).
Fun card, I just loved playing with this paper!

1 comment:

Jingle said...

That costume is so fantastic and how fun that he chose it from the 100 Proof Press catty! I love your card!