Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Have you filled a bucket today?

My oldest daughter is now in the second grade, and there's all this talk about "bucket filling."  You can either fill someone's bucket by making them happy or you can  be a dipper.  The idea behind celebrating the kindnesses (bucket filling) is to bring awareness to how each of us as an individual has an impact on those around us.  Her teacher is encouraging the class to pay attention to how their words and actions can either make someone else happy or sad.
pail (bucket) stamp - 100 proof press
This is a card I made for my daughter - a quick little bucket-filler to stick in her backpack.  I'm actually quite pleased that there is a focus like this, an attempt to teach students to be kind and respectful to one another, in the school. It's nice to hear about the whole class all working together to create a more positive environment.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

What a beautiful card and I love the idea!!! Inspiring!