Monday, October 15, 2012

Gauche Alchemy - mixed media kit & 100 Proof Press Rubber Stamps

 Awhile back I got a really cool box in the mail that got my creative juices going.  It was packaged just so, once you opened the decorated box, there was a piece of lace tied around a carefully packaged collection of goodies and the suspense of what was inside was killing me!  What was in it you ask?  Sooooo many different crafty items that would be perfect for a mixed media artist, someone who art journals, a scrapbooker, card maker, and let's be realistic someone who likes to hoard their really special supplies.  This Gauche Alchemy mixed media kit triggered several different ideas.  I had taken a step back from art dolls, and I want to get back into creating one of a kind items - like art dolls.  They did not turn out quite how I envisioned them, but they are unique and one of a kind.  I think I am going to turn them into ornaments.  


The Gauche Owl Sisters
head - 100 Proof Press "owl face" stamp
wings - a street map of Pairs (GA mixed media kit)
butterfly, scarf, dresses, feathers - (GA mixed media kit)
legs - you know it, sticks from my yard

(word balloon stamp - 100 Proof Press)
This mixed-media kit lead me to create something else with a completely different style.  (I don't really know what style those owls would be categorized in) But here's a cute card I made using this neato canvas paper - that had adhesive on the back.  This idea of sticky paper blew my mind - I'm not kidding, I got way too excited about this adorable, sticky forest paper.

(see what I did there?  I notched out some chunks on a spool of thread to make a card holder)

The rivets on the side were also included with the Gauche Alchemy Mixed Media Kit
See the fun paper?
The stamp is 100 Proof Press' Little Red Riding Hood

Riveting Riding Hood

I  enjoyed taking the time to play and create with the goodies from Gauche Alchemy.  And I'm pretty sure given the same box, on a different day, I would have created a completely different batch of crafts.  I do still have plenty of supplies from the kit, so maybe I'm come up with something else to share later on...

3 comments:

Jingle said...

These are just awesome!!!

Audrey Mislan said...

Really love the owls. These would look great for Halloween

Amy said...

wow..I adore the owl..so cool!! The card is darling!