Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day 8 of 31 Days of Halloween

Here we go.  I have a SPOOKY tag for you today for the eighth day of the 31 Days of Halloween.  I have been bopping around from blog to blog myself, and we have some really talented stampers participating in this giant hop.  If you want to follow along you can find the blog roll on the right hand side of my blog and you can see just how involved this hop Smeared Ink is hosting.  Lots of prizes so check it out!

Boooooooo Tag

 This image has an oddly sentimental meaning to me… my father helps me out cutting the wood in the stamp shop, and whenever this image is ordered he yells out "SPOOKING IN A NIGHTSHIRT!" several times.  I mean several.  We used to have these great orders from Japan, and they would order dozens of these guys and we would always be a bit puzzled.  Since then it has become one of my favorite images as well.  So you might be seeing more of this guy during my wicked blogging.
 I dabbed a little white gesso on the tag and let it dry.  Then I stamped the honeycomb around the edge in orange and black.  Then I just stamped SPOOKING IN A NIGHTSHIRT with the Boooooo under it.  The bat was stamped, water colored and the glued on.  I went around the eyed with black gelatos (I'm so into that for this hop!).
Another little funny bit about this image - I have asked my newsletter readers to create cards using this stamp and send them to my dad for his birthday (Nov 4).  We'll see if anyone takes the challenge (you are more than welcome to participate)!  Just trying to have fun in this stamping world!  

THE SAW DEPARTMENT at 100 Proof Press
PO BOX 621
Saint Paris, OH 43072

17 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad my Dad turns 83 on the 26th of this month and my son's Bday is the 29th of this month..I laughed when I read is excitement over the stamp. I just might take you up on this :)
hugs

Sarah said...

OMG it has no head!!! I don't know what's scarier, it or the bat that's about to fly off the tag!

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE it! What a fun story and your tag ROCKS! Hope your Dad gets loads of cards with this image for his birthday. xxD

My Side of Oz said...

that stamp is so awesome! Gotta love that yell when an order came in :) fab tag xx

valscraftings said...

A really freaky cool tag, love the background!

Sari / Granne said...

That bat looks like flying and love the ghost image, awesome

Unknown said...

Love your tag and the funny story about your dad!

Karen Buchanan said...

That image is awesome, creepy tag! Love it

Mary Holshouser said...

Fun tag.
Love the bat that is popped off the background.
thanks for sharing.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

LOL! that is a freatastic card and he is a funny site, love the story about your Dad LOL!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

I meant tag ;0)

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Fabulous Image and a Fabulous Tag. Love this.

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Fabulous image and a fabulous tag. Love this

silvia said...

Bootiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Your dad sounds precious. I would have so much fun with him. But we would probably get into a whole lot of trouble. Love that image too. If I had it I would definitely make.him a birthday card with it. But alas. Hope his bday is blessed

Lyneen said...

What a fun stamp!!!!! love your tag... what a great story behind the stamp!!! TFS! I would make a card if I had the stamp... wish your DAD Happy Birthday!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love this tag - cool image!!