Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A little more Fabric Art please.



So, I have been trying to push myself to create more fabric art, which is what I love to do. Don't get me wrong, I love sewing in general - aprons, snack bags, zipper pouches. But I feel like so much more goes into one of my "wall - hangings". I even made up a crafty little fabric house last week - photos to come. This blue with an orange heart art quilt has been "in-progress" for about 2 years. I just never took the time to complete it until this week. It's on sale now in my Etsy shop. I made 5 of the heart background blocks at once and I am slowly figuring out what thoughts to put on them, and how to embellish them. So now I still have a pink one to make - gotta think of the words for it...

4 comments:

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Oh, that is so lovely. I also really love your dolls.

Linda Vincent said...

This is great Sarah...very creative. I especially like the beads hanging from the bottom.....finishes the whole thing off beautifully!
Linda x

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

What a delightful blog! i am so glad that I found you. I'm now following from Follow Me Friday! I'd be honored if you choose to do the same! I'm off to check out SwapBlot. until later...

Unknown said...

That art quilt is so beautiful and inspiring! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Dropping by from Trendy Treehouse's follow me Friday. I hope you will stop by for a visit sometime...

~Lanie ( http://laniejandco.blogspot.com)