Thursday, April 15, 2010

Snip Goes Zebra




So, when I wasn't busy up-cycling my neon tee shirts into "rad" outfits for Mindy, I was sewing up a storm. A storm of red and white candy-striped fabirc, and mostly in the shape of a square or a recatangle. This included: pillows for Mindy, pot holders, and a soft spot to rest my scissors so they would not scratch up my beautiful new sewing machine. To this day, I still use this candy-striped scissor pocket. I even started selling them in my etsy shop - my craftmanship has since improved, and so has my fabric selection!

8 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I love it and the fabrics are great! I haven't been sewing very long, but once I started -- it's all I've wanted to do. Thanks for all your kind comments over my way. I enjoy getting to meet creative people, so thank you!

AlMcLeary said...

I just purchased 'wall pockets' for my sewing room - wish I has seen this first, I could have saved some money. Great idea!

gbloom studio said...

Thanks for stopping by! You have some great ideas, and I love the fabric you use.

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

Thanks AIMcLeary - Let me know if there is ever anything special I can create for you.

And thank you too gbloom.

Mina said...

I am so in love with all these beautiful creations of yours!!!

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

Thanks so much Mina.

extreme personal measures said...

Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse's Follow Me Friday to say HI! Already a follower! Nice Etsy items. I will go check it out :)

Taylor said...

Love the scissors pouch. This would keep mine out of the kids' reach! not to mention where I can find them!